Parental Relocation and Move-Aways

Parental Relocation and Move Aways

Wellesley, Massachusetts Child Custody and Relocation Lawyer

Do You Want to Relocate Out of State With Your Child? Do You Wish to Contest a Child Relocation?

When a divorce is finalized and child custody has been determined, lives readjust. Parents may make the decision to move to another state for a career opportunity, remarriage, or other reason. However, relocating with a child is a complex legal process that can be difficult.

At Feldman Family Law, I assist parents involved in child relocation legal issues. Whether you are looking to move with your child, or you wish to object to the move, I can provide legal support.

For a free consultation, please contact my conveniently located Wellesley law office.

Relocation and Legal Difficulties

Parental relocation is a complex area of law. In order to foster relationships with both parents, a custodial parent wishing to move faces an uphill battle. Ultimately, decisions are made with the best interests of the child in mind.

The courts consider many factors when a parent wishes to relocate with their child:

  • Is there a good reason to relocate?
  • How far away will the child be from the non-custodial parent?
  • How will the move affect child visitation?
  • Does extended family live nearby?
  • Are there opportunities for the child in the new location?

At Feldman Family Law, I represent either side of a relocation case: parents who wish to relocate with a child, and those wishing to contest a relocation. In either case, it is important to consider the facts and work toward what is best for the child.

Do not move out of state with your child without obtaining permission from the court. Contact us today to explore your legal options.

We are conveniently located in Wellesley, Massachusetts. Close to all major routes and convenient to Boston, We serve clients in Brookline, Cambridge, Framingham, Lexington, Natick, Needham, Newton ,Wayland, Weston and other surrounding areas of Wellesley.

To discuss your case please contact my office today by calling (781) 235-3723.

Contact Us Today!

We're Here For You
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy